I was tagged by Clip Snark. Snarky is very funny. You should have a look.
The rules are:
- you must post the rules
- answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
- create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
tag eleven people with a link to your post let them know you tagged them
1. Do you have a test or tests that help you judge someone’s character?
Do you have a sense of humour about yourself? If you don’t then when you laugh at others it must be a bit mean.
2. When did you first feel like a grown up?
Mainly when I started buying things like garden hoses and step ladders. Things I never thought I would buy that somehow become essential at a certain point in your life.
3. What is something you read that made you wish you could write that well?
When I was 20 it would have been Hemingway, but now I actually don’t like his writing very much. Probably Walt Whitman, or e.e. cummings. A poet, anyway.
4. What do you say when you answer the phone?
5. Have you ever stiffed someone on a tip?
People don’t tip in New Zealand. Which means I have probably stiffed hundreds of people when I travelled overseas.
6. Do you have a favorite writing utensil?
A laptop I guess, but “no” is the correct answer.
7. Do you use a calendar?
I have never been able to keep a diary or use a calendar. Never. Even now with a fairly responsible job I just end up scrawling more and more things on my hand or desperately pinning notes to the wall.
8. Do you have road rage?
Sure. Everyone does. I have had to curb it though because of the two little kids in the back seat. Eleanor listens out for swear words like a hawk and pounces on them with glee.
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I prefer working in the morning. It makes me feel smugly productive.
10. What surprised you about blogging when you first started?
How thrilling it was to receive a comment.
11. How do you feel about this type of blogging phenomenon (tagging/awards)?
Without wanting to offend anyone, I sort of hate it. I’m not sure why. I think it’s because it’s a bit like homework, and I am a slacker (a slacker with guilt).
So, I won’t be tagging 11 other people because: (a) see point 11, (b) I don’t know 11 people, (c) I have always sucked at tag.
Eleven further questions constructed by my daughter:
- What’s a leaf?
- How does it make food?
- What does photosynthesis really mean?
- But how does sunlight actually get turned into food?
- Are you making this up?
- Why do leaves die then?
- When they die where do they go?
- Where do we go when we die?
- Why do we die?
- Why do we live?
- What’s for dinner?